All change!
Yesterday I received some very good news...I have finally got a new job! Its in Public Health in St Albans. I applied a few weeks ago, but to be honest thought I had no chance and so just saw it as practice at filling in an online application form.
Anyway, on Wednesday last week I had a phone call saying that they would like to invite me for an interview. Then on Thursday I received a letter confirming all the details, and saying that I had to do a presentation. I didn't even fully understand the question but again saw it as a chance to get some interview experience. I went down to St Albans on Monday for the interview and then I was phoned yesterday and told that they would like to offer me the job.
I am now in a state of shock. I genuinely thought I had no chance of getting this job, had I actually thought I could get it I might not have applied because it is going to mean moving down to London (something I said I would never do!) Anyway, I don't want to start rushing ahead of myself...the offer is conditional on references and occupational health checks (which hopefully shouldn't be a problem, but you never know)
It is all exciting though, if very, very scary!

4 Comments:
Well done Sarah! Fantastic news!
Well done Sarah. Hope you'll be happy in your new job. I have a mate who is originally from Harpenden (and also went to Durham Uni) and he says it's a very nice place.
Nice Blog by the way!
Thanks. Still don't think it has all sunk in. Also keep thinking that I don't want to leave Sheffield. This is not helped by the astronomical rents in St ALbans. Think I am going to have to find some housemates, but not quite sure how to go about finding some!
Would be great if you could ask them. I have been asking around at the moment because I would much rather share with a friend of a friend than with a complete stranger!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home