Driving me mad...
Today was my Mum's birthday and so I decided to take the day off work...as I am only the office temp they don't really miss me when I'm not in the office!
We went to Chatsworth Gardens. Dad decided that it would be a good idea if I drove. It was all going well until I got to a big roundabout...I didn't slow down quickly enough, nearly hit the curb, then stalled and in the end I had to swap places with Dad and he drove the rest of the way. One of the problems I am having with driving at the moment is that it is essential for my new job. They know that I don't have my licence yet, but when I filled in my application form I was feeling quite confident and told them that I would be taking my test soon, which really I ought to considering how many lessons I have had. However, now I am starting to think that it might actually take me quite a while, and the pressure of knowing that I have to pass is making things worse. I have decided that if I have kids I will make them (or at least strongly advise them to) learn to drive at 17. It wasn't that I didn't want to learn, it was just that I never had much money or time...but now I really wish that I had just got on with it and leared sooner.
I had a driving lesson in the evening, which was a lot better than the last one which was a nightmare (I kept stalling and the traffic lights went from red to green three times before I was able to move off!) Later on we had a birthday meal for Mum. She and Dad are off to Venice for a few days tommorrow...and guess who gets to babysit?!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home