Sarah

Life is what happens whilst you're busy making other plans... (J. Lennon)

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Buses and bills

I have not written a post for a while. You might think that this is because I have been so busy doing lots of interesting things that I haven't had time to use the computer. Unfortunately this is not true. I haven't written anything new because I haven't really been doing much apart from going to work, and work has been particularly boring this week and so I have had nothing to write about!

The most eventful thing about today was my journey into the office. About 3 bus stops before mine the driver stopped, switched off the engine and said that the bus was going nowhere. He then got off the bus and disappeared! As far as I can see there are two possible reasons for this: 1, the bus had broken down (although there was no warning or indication of this) and 2, the driver got bored and decided to quit (and just left his bus). I think that the first explanation is the most likely...but the second would be a lot more interesting. Anway, I had to get off the bus but luckily wasn't far from work so was able to walk in.

Shortly after I arrived, so did the post. In it were about 200 gas bills. It was then my job for the rest of the day to put the information into a spreadsheet (date, amount, meter reading and number etc) and then stamp each with a red stamp...I did that for 8 hours!!!

The highlight of my week so far was on Monday when I told Richard (the boss) that I am going to be leaving at the end of next week (just the thought of it makes me very happy) The people in my office are lovely (well most of them anyway!) and I will miss them but I am looking forward to having a bit more responsibility and doing something more interesting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Toph said...

Your job sounds so interesting Sarah! I can see why you're glad to be moving on. I've also been quite bored this week but not that bored!

Thanks for the post - I'll try and give you a link now :-)

11:10 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home