Sarah

Life is what happens whilst you're busy making other plans... (J. Lennon)

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Motivation wanted

I need some motivation. I have such a lot to get through, and at the moment really don't know where to start which doesn't help with my motivation levels. One of my good friends (who has already been through medial finals) said to me that there is no point starting revising before your fear level outweights your bordom level, because without the fear, you tend to just sit and waste time and not make any progress. This makes sense. My problem at the moment is that whilst I do have the fear (7 weeks until my pharmacology exam and I know no pharmacology!!!) I also seem to be in denial. So sensibly I know that my exams are getting ever closer, but at times I am in complete denial that they are actually going to happen. This is not good for getting work done, and brings me back to my original point that I need some motivation! Hopefully I will then begin to make some progress.

My current solution to "the fear" is to buy a textbook about whatever topic is inducing fear (consequently Amazon is doing very well out of me at the moment!). I now need to actually sit down and read the books, rather than them sitting on my bookshelf. My clinical partner and I were discussing our currert compulsion to buy books and wondering that the old phrase about sleeping with a book under your pillow and then knowing the the contents of it in the morning is true? How I wish it was that simple!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home