Sarah

Life is what happens whilst you're busy making other plans... (J. Lennon)

Saturday, January 24, 2009

2009 so far

2009 has been good so far. We have exams looming (end of Feb/early March) which has resulted in the feeling of panic that I don't know nearly enough medicine and the constant guilt that I should be working. However, despite the guilt I have managed to have a couple of weekend days off and the od evening here and there. I keep telling myself that its ok to have a break occassionally at the moment because February is going to be busy. I'm sure that I will regret this attitue when February is here but for the moment it is keeping me sane (well, relatively!!)

We had a really nice, if a little hectic, Christmas and New Year. We visited both sets of parents and my granparents so spent a lot of time travelling...and have decided that next Christmas at home is a good plan! New Year's eve was really nice this year. We went to a cocktail party with lots of people from Church and had a really good time. This party was then quickly followed by another, to drink up all the alcohol that had been left over after the first! Christmas/New Year evidently seems to be the time to propose since I know of five different couples who got engaged over the holiday period. Its all very romantic and exciting, and lovely to see so many of my friends so happy.

Right, I should stop distracting myself and get on with work before I feel too guilty ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home