Sarah

Life is what happens whilst you're busy making other plans... (J. Lennon)

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Cat in a Bag

I have just got home from dinner with some family friends. We managed to coordinate things so that they were free and so were five of us which was quite impressive. Well, actually there were six of us if you include the cat...we took him with us in my Mum's old knitting bag (open so he could have escaped if he'd wanted to). We had a lovely meal with them, and then some very strong alcohol called Eau de Vie (Water of Life, but probably spelt wrong, French was never really my strong point!)

We talked about lots of things. For a while we were talking about computers and how things have changed in the last ten years or so, its amazing really. We didn't get a family computer until 1999, and now so many things revolve around it (my brothers' and sister's Christmas presents were all computer music things)...how the world has changed!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah S said...

...and don't I sound old!

12:32 am  
Blogger Dozy Rosie said...

I remember our first computer - an Acorn 3000. All it ever got used for was to play a few games (educational of course - most involving spelling, which obviously did me a lot of good!) & perhaps mum typing out letters to the brownies. Now I really don't know where we'd be without a computer!

Hope Hercules enjoyed his meal out.

10:41 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home