Finally...
Just realised that it has been two weeks since I last posted, quite a long time! The reason for this big gap is partly that I have been quite busy, and partly because I don't have internet access at home and so I have to rely on the computers in the library. I don't even have a landline phone at home, and BT want to charge me £75 to get one...think I'm going to have to wait until after Christmas for that then!
One of the reasons that I like having this blog is that when I was younger I always wanted to keep a diary but very rarely managed to keep motivated passed February! When I was in South America earlier in the year I kept a diary and it was a very useful place to record what I was doing and feeling and so this blog is an attempt to do the same now (although, perhaps somewhat more censored than my travelling journal!)
So, what has happened in my life in the last two weeks? Well, the day after my last post I went to see Briget Jones The Edge of Reason. I guess it was somehow appropriate that I went to see a film about a woman stressing about being single the day after writting about needing to find a man! I thought that the film was very funny, but not as good as the first. One of the reasons that was that it is very different from the book and so I was watching waiting for things to happen that never did...so as someone helpfully pointed out, the moral of this story is that you shouldn't bother reading books, just wait for the film!
The weekend before last I went to Ruth's house for dinner. Kate, Tom and Andy were there too. It was a lovely evening. Ruth and I got a shock the following morning when we realised that nearly three bottles of red wine had gone, and that we were the only ones drinking red!
Last week was failry busy at work. I had lots of things to be doing which was good. On Wednesday I went to Catherine's and watched Finding Nemo. I thought that it was a good film, however lots of people have told me that they though it was amazing but I don't think I would go that far!
On Thursday it was my turn to cook dinner for Ruth. Her Mum phoned during the evening and said that my flat sounded very echoey...this is probably due to the lack of furniture, however I prefer to think that it is because my flat is so spatious! I took Ruth to the station on Friday morning. We had to go early so that Ruth would be in her office by 9...this meant that I was in my office by 8, I have never been so early to work in my life!
Then at the weekend my Mum came to visit. We went into London on Saturday which was nice (and I finally bought my first Christmas present!) and then spent Sunday in St Albans.
Anyway, I think I am now up-to-date!

1 Comments:
I had a diary when I was travelling too - & actually surprised myself by keeping up with it until I got home. I tried it before when I went to America for the summer, but think I managed about 2 days worth of entries in that one! Had intended to continue with my diary when I got home, but didn't - so I guess my blog's a kind of substitute for that too. I definitely agree with the extra censoring necessary for this form though!
I enjoyed Bridget Jones - don't think it necesarily matters if the story is different to the one it's based on. Didn't think much of the 2nd book anyway! Finding Nemo is a fantastic film!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home