Its nearly Christmas...
Well, I've done it again, not updated my blog for ages. The main reason for this is that now I have a sofa and TV at home going to the library to use the internet after work is far less appealing!
Tomorrow is my last day at work before Christmas. I am looking forward to going home to Sheffield. I think I confused everyone at work by telling them that I go home to Sheffield on 23rd and then come home to St Albans on 3rd January...I wonder at what point (if ever) I will stop thinking of Sheffield as home? I guess as long as my parents are there. But if they ever move then the place they go to won't be home, it'll just be my parents house. Interesting thought, but probably best not to worry about!
I still haven't finished my Christmas shopping. I went into town on Saturday but got so fed up by the crowds of people that I went home. I am working tomorrow and then having a couple of people round in the evening which leaves me with Thursday afternoon when I arrive in Sheffield to buy five presents...why do I always do this? Will I ever learn? I have to buy the present on Thursday because I refuse to go anywhere near town on Christmas Eve. This year will be the first in four that I haven't had to work Christmas Eve. I still get nightmare about Christmas Eve at Woolworths. The manager wanted everyone to stay into the evening to set up the Boxing Day sales, but we refused and all walked out! The great thing about work this year is that because I am new and inexperienced I can't cover the office by myself and so was able to have what ever time I wanted off (within my leave entitlement of course!)
Right, I think that will do for now. I am going to go home and decorate my flat with fairy lights!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home