Lots of Chocolate
I gave up chocolate for Lent this year...and I think I undid all of the good work yesterday!
I had a really good Easter day. I played the flute at Church in the morning and caught up with a friend there. She plays the violin in a folk group and so when we played The Lord of the Dance we played it in a folky style. I then started thinking about music. Once I have passed my driving test I was planning to join an orchestra but now I think that I might try to find a folk group instead. There are a few reasons for this: I will get to play more music because there will be fewer people, I enjoyed playing the folk music yesterday at Church and if I join an orchestra we are likely to rehearse in a school hall (or something similar) whereas if I join a folk group then we will probably rehearse in a pub...I'm not an alcoholic, honest, but it would be nice to do something with a social side.
We went out for a walk in the afternoon but the weather wasn't brilliant. We were heading out into the Peak District but it was so misty that we couldn't see anything and so turned around and went to the Botanical Gardens instead.
In the evening I went out for a drink with some school friends. I had a lovely evening. Its at times like those that I start to wish I was still in Sheffield permanently (which is why I should probably hurry up and find a folk group so that I can make lots of friends in St Albans!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home