Sarah

Life is what happens whilst you're busy making other plans... (J. Lennon)

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Good and bad...

Today has been both good and bad. The group formative this morning was so rubbish that I didn't even bother going to the answer session as it was depressing enough to sit there not knowing anything in the group session, and being in the lecture theatre being told all the answers as though they are blindingly obvious and that you would have to be an idiot not to know them would not have been good. I think stress levels ave reached an all time high at the med school. One of my group left the formative in tears and another girl told me that she has taken to wearing contact lenses because she can't cry when she wears them and at the moment she seems to always be on the verge of tear. I can sympathise with her.

In the afternoon we had a revision session which was supposed to be practive exam style questions. Our tutor asked relatively easy questions. The thing is though that we will have 6 musculoskeletal stations, and there is such a variety of people who can be assessing us, and whilst they assure us that its standardised, some of them seem to be more willing to help you out and guide you than others. I guess that rather than speculating I should just wait for the exams. Someone else was saying today that we ought to treat the exams as formatives and as practice for the resists in July. Its an interesting way of thinking about things! There is also a rumour about someone who did so poorly in the January exams that they are planning on not sitting the May ones and just doing the resits. A very bad idea I think as they may well not be allowed to resit if they don't have a good reason for simply not bothering to show up for the exam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home