Sarah

Life is what happens whilst you're busy making other plans... (J. Lennon)

Saturday, January 08, 2011

2011

The last time I wrote in this blog was my last day of freedom! A lot has changed since August. I am now working as a doctor :) I spent my first 4 months working in paediatrics which was a really good job. I don't think I fully appreciated how well supported I was and how lovely all of the other members of the team were until I rotated on to adult medicine! I loved paediatrics and have seriously considered it as a potential career path. I really enjoyed the interaction with the children and the added challenges of communicating with parents, however the training program is about 7 years long, which for me I think is too long given that I won't start my specialty training until 2012. So the current plan is to apply for GP training. I enjoy the community side of general practice, and the opportunities it will give me for health promotion. I just hope that I manage to secure a place on the training program when I apply this time next year.

2010 was a busy year, but also a good year. Despite it being my final year of medical school we also managed to fit in lots of fun things including a number of weddings, my nana's 80th birthday, a holiday to France and a new bathroom (the orange and the shells have finally gone!)

My current job is very busy, but I am enjoying working, and having more free time. Its also nice to be able to afford to do lots of things that we couldn't last year, like going skiing. I haven't made any specific resolutions for 2011 but I am looking forward to what will hopefully be a good year (it can only get better when I rotate on to my next job in April!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home