Waitrose... in Sheffield?!!
Waitrose is a chain of posh food shops found in the south. However, the lastest Waitrose is opening in Sheffield. Apparently they have a big sheme at the moment to "migrate" northwards eventually reaching Scotland. Perhaps Sheffield is the first step of their plan for world domination!
I am now into my final week at the Council. I am beginning to get a bit worried though because I still haven't had the official offer letter yet from St Albans. I am going down to visit next week and I had hoped to begin flathunting, but I can't really do anything until I have officially been offered the job. When the new girl started on our team at work she had loads of problems getting her official letter. In her case she had already started working before she received it. I think the problem is the same with any big organisation...nobody seems to know what anyone else is doing!
Over the weekend I had a conversation with a 91 year old woman. It was very bizarre. It turns out that she is a bit of a computer whizz. She was telling me all about her niece in Canada and I was expecting her to say that she only heard from her occassionally (i.e. the occassional phone call), but no, they are in regular email contact! I then started thinking about email and what a wonderful invention it is. There are so many people who I only keep in touch with through email. I suppose if I couldn't email them then I would probably make more of an effort to phone and write, but email is just so easy that I am able to keep in touch with so many more people than I would do. It was also fantastic whilst I was in South America. There were internet cafes everywhere and so I was able to let everyone at home know where I was and what I was doing. I definitely have to make sure that the house I move into has intenet access (preferably broadband!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home