I've forgotten how to play the flute...
...which is actually quite a big probelm seeing as i am playing in a concert tonight!
Yesterday I drove to Sheffield. The drive was fine. In fact the motorway driving was the easiest part of it (apart from getting on after the service station, although that was a lot better than I was expecting). Junction 9 joins the M1 on a protected lane which was nice, much less scary than a proper slip road. I left work at lunch time and so the road wasn't too busy. Leaving the London area on a Friday after work is a bit of a nightmare because so many people travel northwards at that time.
Yesterday evening I went to a local pub with some friends from home. I had a really lovely evening. Two of my friends were talking about getting married (not to each other, but to their boyfriends) which was quite scary, although going to a weding would be lovely. Well, if I had someone to take with me it would be lovely. I seem to have this idea in my head that weddings are nice to go to if you have someone to take with you and not good if you are single...so much to the extent that I have missed a couple of wedding parties because I had no one to take (although in each case it has been people from work and so I wouldn't have known very many people there at all, and they would have all had partners with them). I definitely wouldn't miss a friends wedding because of not having someone to go with me...it would just make me feel a bit under pressure to find a man ASAP!
This evening is the school windband reunion concert. Last night I tried to play some of my old flute music and got nasty suprise when my fingers couldn't keep up with me. I think I really ought to start practising before I forget how to play altogether!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home