Sarah

Life is what happens whilst you're busy making other plans... (J. Lennon)

Friday, June 24, 2005

I'm still alive

I’ve not written anything on here for a long time now, mainly because I haven’t been to the library after work for weeks. I have been busy each weekend for ages, mainly catching up with uni friends. Relocating to St Albans seems to have been a good move because so many Durham people are now nearby. I guess this would be true of anywhere near London. However three of my friends from Durham are moving to St Albans in July so I am very excited about that. One of the things I missed when I moved back to Sheffield was having lots of friends close by. Part of the problem there was that I wasn’t driving and my friends in Sheffield all live on the other side of the city and so meeting up was always quite difficult. Living in Sheffield with a car would be nice as I’m sure I would see a lot more of people. But that wasn’t to be as I’m now here, but I’m happy where I am now…well most of the time anyway!

Rosie’s coming to visit me this evening and then tomorrow I am going to drive us to Oxford. I am still very scared of slip roads and big roundabouts…although I have now driven on the A1(M) and the M25. Apparently there might be a little bit of motorway driving tomorrow. I drove home from Cambridge on Wednesday evening and realised that actually being on the motorway is fine. The third lane means that there is normally always somewhere to go if there is a car coming in from the slip road, whereas on a dual carriage way it is a little more tricky (I have visions of crashing into the side of someone or someone else crashing into the side of me) Being able to drive has made my life so much easier. I can go round the supermarket and buy as many heavy things as I like!!!

I will try to write here again sooner this time, although I make no promises…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home