Sarah

Life is what happens whilst you're busy making other plans... (J. Lennon)

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Elephant doctor

You'll be pleased to know that after a thourough examination the elephant is fine. His heart stopped a couple of times, but I successfully resusitated him. I took his blood preassure and a blood sample and then examined his cardiovascular, abdominal and gastrointestinal systems and of course before doing anything I thoroughly washed my hands (except CPR!). We have the joys of musculoskeletal, thyroid, neurology and I can't even remember what else tomorrow.

Have just finished watching the spine. I didn't actually manage to watch until the end but I think that I have watched enough for what we need to know.

Anyway, I am going to watch one more examination video and then go to bed...and hope that one of my "lovely" flatmates doesn't decide to hand wash their clothes at 4 in the morning in the bathroom right next to my head again tonight!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dozy Rosie said...

Was it a real elephant?

8:44 am  
Blogger Sarah S said...

No. The elephant is a stuffed toy...but I needed someone to practice my clinical skills on!!

12:39 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home