Sarah

Life is what happens whilst you're busy making other plans... (J. Lennon)

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Update

As part of the assessment process for this year I need to do a number of pieces of work. As usual when I am trying to work, I become an expert at avoiding what I am actually supposed to be doing. Today is no different. I was sitting thinking about how much my life has changed over the last 10 years or so and so decided to have a look back through my blog. Between 2004 and 2007 I used to post relatively regularly, and it is really interesting to look back over old posts now to see what I was thinking and how I was feeling at the time. Its also really interesting to imagine how I was at different times, for example when I started writing I had no idea that I was going to end up doing medicine and sometimes I wonder whether if I knew then what I know now whether or not I would have made the same decisions. I am really glad that I went to medical school, its just that if I had realised then quite how hard everything was going to be, and the sacrifices that I would have to make, I am not sure whether I would have been brave enough to make the decision to start on the crazy adventure that has been the last 6 years!

In some ways it is a shame that I haven't written more on here over the last few years, but life has been so busy that there just hasn't been the time. The last 6 years have very much been focused around studying and then for the last 15 months working has taken up far too much of my time! Having said that, we have managed to fit in some great holidays over the last year or so. We went to North Yorkshire for a few days shortly after I started working, then to Prague in November, skiing in March, Paris in June and then the Lake District in July. They were all great holidays, and very different. There are so many places that I would like to visit, but the fact that I can never really have more than a week off work at a time makes some destinations impossible (e.g. would love to go to Mexico, New Zealand and Canada...all of which are a bit too far for just a week!). Now that I have started thinking about potential holiday destinations, I have lots more things to distract myself from my report!


Lots of things have been happening in my life, and lots of exciting things have been happening in my friends’ lives as well. We have been to lots and lots of weddings over the last four years and a couple of my close friends have had children. When people started getting married it felt as if we were all growing up, but actually not a lot really changed, but now my friends are having babies it really does feel like we are growing up this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home