Sarah

Life is what happens whilst you're busy making other plans... (J. Lennon)

Monday, November 08, 2004

Fridges and fireworks

I have a fridge and a freezer!!! I celebrated by buying icecream. I realise how people must think I am a little (well very) strange, getting visibly excited by a fridge, but believe me after two weeks without one it really did make me appreciate how much I just took for granted at home.

The last week was fairly busy. I went out for dinner at people's houses a couple of times (winning the sympathy vote because of the lack of fridge situation...although hopefully now that I own a fridge my social life won't suddenly colapse, seeing as there will be no reason for people to invite me anymore!) Then on Friday night I went out in St Albans with Catherine and a couple of her friends and Andy and one of his friends. We went to some bars and then to Batchwood (a club). It was a really good evening. We were reliving uni days as one of the rooms in Batchwood was just like Klute. The one thing I noticed was just how expensive everything is down here...I'm used to Sheffield prices so it was a bit of a shock, but at least everyone seemed to have a good night so it was worth it.

Sarah A came to visit me on Saturday. It was lovely to catch up with her again. We went to the fireworks in Verulum Park in the evening. They were absolutely amazing. Some of them were really unusual, eg one exploded in the air and then about five blobs of light appeared to hover in the sky. When you looked closely you could see that they were actually attached to a mini-parachute...such a clever idea!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dozy Rosie said...

Yay, a fridge! Ice cream sounds like a great way to celebrate.

Shame about the high prices, but then it's your own fault for moving in the wrong direction :)

7:14 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home