Happy New Year!
I wrote my Mum a cheque yesterday with the wrong year, I'm not sure whether she believes it was a genuine mistake...or if she just thinks that I didn't want to give her any money!
On Thursday I went to Halifax to visit Rosie. She had a New Year's Eve party which was really good, although my ability at drinking games is very bad. I can't even play 21 sober so what chance did I have after drinking cocktails and punch! I also managed to tip punch all over Ruth's brand-new pale trousers...oh dear, has the stain come out Ruth?! I really hope so. We watched the fireworks at the London Eye (on TV, obviously!) at midnight, they were absolutely amazing.
On New Year's day we went out for a "Rosie Walk". It started well but then when we were on the Moor it started to rain, and didn't stop. We were all absolutely drenched by the time we got home. Fortunately we were indoors before it started hailing!
I returned to Sheffield on Sunday and had to pack. I soon realised that everything wasn't going to fit in the suitcase (over Christmas I had aquired a wok, cutlery set, trainers, block of knives and various other things). In the end I had to pack my 65 litre ruck sack as well. Luckily there was a guard at Luton station who carried my suitcase for me when I had to change platforms!
It is very strange to be back in my flat again. There are 6 of us at home and there were lots of people at Rosie's so being by myself again is a little strange.

4 Comments:
I did notice a slight improvement in your drinking games ability but this may have been helped by my own poor showing (but that wasn't all my fault). I like the way you've made "Rosie Walk" into a phrase. I may have to borrow that sometime :-) Hope you settle back into your flat ok.
Toph
Maybe it'll make it into the dictionary one day - although I'm pretty sure the definition you'd give it is what would be referred to in our house as "a dad walk".
You're so like your father :-)
No no no, please don't say that... it scares me!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home