Sarah

Life is what happens whilst you're busy making other plans... (J. Lennon)

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Time travel

The concert last night was fantastic, if a little like stepping back in time. The windband played about 7 pieces, including a few that we used to play when I was there. The best was Bach's Toccata in D...we played that as an entry in the Music Festival for Youth, won our round and got to go and play in the Royal Victoria Hall in London, so it brought back a lot of memories. Then there were lots of singers. The school puts on a musical every year (I was in the chorus in the first and second year until I realised that I couldn't sing!) and so lots of the past main characters were back. There were some absolutely amazing voices. The whole experience was quite surreal. After the concert we talked to some old teachers and people we were at school with. It was very odd because I kept recognising people but not knowing who they were. There were also a few people who I had last seen when they were 11 or 12 and are now 16 or 17 and they were completely unrecognisable!

Anyway, I should go and have a shower and pack...the M1 is caling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home